Thursday, 8/27: Quattro Leoni


Week 1, Day 4

1.  Muscle Clean: 5 sets of 5; go light, just work on turnover speed.
2.  3 Position Power Clean: 3 (1+1+1) RM, -5% x 3 reps (1+1+1), -10% x 3 reps (1+1+1).  So 3 total working sets.
3.  Clean Pull: 4 sets of 3 reps
4.  Chest to bar Pull Ups: 5 sets of 5-10 reps, or more if you can.
5.  Muscle Ups: Just for fun, so do however many you want.
6.  Reverse Hyper or Hip Ext.: 5 sets of 8 reps with weight.
7.  Toes to bar: 5 sets of 10-15 reps

Note:  For the Clean Pull, go how you feel, but keep the speed going.  Don't use a weight that starts to make the pulls seem like a deadlift with a shrug at the end.  A good goal initially would be to work in the 90-100% range of your CJ max, but like I said, go how you feel.

Randomizer Option:

Power Snatch+OHS: 4 sets of (2+2)
Jackie: 1000m Row, 50 Thrusters (45#), 30 Pull Ups

2 comments:

  1. Either I am an idiot or I want to be "Coach's Pet" because I think I just did waaaaaaay more work than I was supposed to. I found my 3RM on the 3 POS clean and then did three more sets of 3 POS cleans at -5% AND 3 more sets at -10%. Why am I so confused? This explains the 6-hour workouts and extreme soreness. Will this make me extra strong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michele Michele Michele. You're definitely not an idiot. When I put down -5% x 3, I meant 1 set of (1+1+1) at -5%, and the same with the -10%. I can see how it would be mistaken for 3 sets, so I'll try to do a better job at explaining what I want in the future. However, because you did 4 sets too many, you are therefore an animal. It will definitely help you kick CJ's bootay, but in the future, I'd say ask if you're unsure. Great work though, that's a very impressive workout.

    ReplyDelete