Week 3, Day 2
1. Muscle Snatch: 5 sets of 5 reps. Use as a warm up, and practice turnover speed.
2. Snatch from Above Knee: 3 RM, -5% for 3 reps, -10% for 3 reps. Only a total of 3 working sets.
3. Snatch Deadlift: 3 sets of 5 reps, find a good starting weight and then go up AHAP. Same as snatch though, only 3 working sets.
4. Snatch Pull From Above Knee (aka Sn. RDL+Pull from Knee): 3 sets of 5 reps
5. Bent Over Row: 5 sets of 5 reps
6. Back Ext: 5 sets of 15 reps, no weight
7. Weighted Abs: 5 sets
I had a discussion on Sunday evening in regards to the Sn. RDL+Sn. Pull. What I basically mean is a Snatch Pull from above the knee. The reason I said RDL first is due to the high number of people I've seen go down too quickly and compensate by pushing their knees forward too soon. This causes the bar to pull the lifter forward, resulting in a jump forward, or a finish forward, or a swing (kind of like a KB swing, which is NOT what we want). The most effective way to do this exercise is to go down controlled while staying flat footed, and then explode up.
Snatch Pull+Snatch: 5 sets of 3+1
50 Squats with 95#
50 Push Ups
50 Pull Ups
That should be a kick in the pants.